Angelina Jolie Not Tightening Red-Carpet Security After Brad Pitt 'Attacked'

6:59 AM PST 06/03/2014 by The Associated Press
AP Images
Angelina Jolie in Shanghai on Tuesday

The "Maleficent" star said in Shanghai that last week's incident in which her partner was accosted by red-carpet prankster Vitalii Sediuk won't change the way the couple handles public events.

SHANGHAI -- Angelina Jolie says she and Brad Pitt won't tighten their security policies during publicity events after he was accosted on the red carpet in Los Angeles.

"People like that are an exception to the rule," she said. "Most fans are just wonderful. We've had a wonderful experience over the years, and we're very grateful for their support, and it will not change the way we behave."

Jolie spoke to the Associated Press on Tuesday while in Shanghai to promote Maleficent, the live-action retelling of Sleeping Beauty.

She also said Pitt is a "strong man" who handled the situation "perfectly" after he was accosted by a former Ukrainian television journalist at the film's premiere last week. Vitalii Sediuk pleaded no contest to battery on Friday and was ordered to stay away from Pitt, Jolie and Hollywood red carpet events.

Maleficent is the biggest box-office debut of Jolie's career, earning nearly $70 million in North America last weekend. It opens in China on June 20.

comments powered by Disqus