Angelina Jolie, Sarah Jessica Parker Named Highest-Paid Actresses
They earned $30 million each last year, according to Forbes' annual list.
Angelina Jolie and Sarah Jessica Parker topped Forbes' annual list of the highest-paid actresses by earning $30 million each last year.
Jolie's pay day was largely thanks to the worldwide thriller of Salt, which earned $300 million, and her Johnny Depp co-starrer The Tourist, which earned $280 million despite mixed reviews.
Parker earned her cash mostly from residuals for HBO's Sex and the City, for which she serves as a producer. She also earned money from the film Sex and the City 2, which made $290 million in international box office. She also earned more than $18 million from her perfume lines.
Jennifer Aniston and Reese Witherspoon tied behind Jolie and Parker with $28 million earnings. Aniston's The Bounty Hunter opened weak, but ended up grossing $136 million off a $40 million budget, and Just Go With It made $214 million. Witherspoon's How Do You Know flopped, earning just $50 million on a $120 million budget, though Water for Elephants earned an estimated $115 million.
Julia Roberts and Twilight's Kristen Stewart tied with $20 million; Katherine Heigl earned $19 million; Cameron Diaz, $18 million; Sandra Bullock, $15 million; and Meryl Streep, $10 million.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR