Angelina Jolie's 'Tourist' Dilemma: Attend Globes or Not?
PR experts say critical pans of movie could make support for the nom potentially "embarrassing."
The Hollywood Foreign Press Assn. raised eyebrows this week by nominating the widely panned thriller The Tourist for best comedy and nominating stars Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie in the comedy/musical acting categories. To skeptics, the choices appeared to be a particularly blatant play to line the red carpet with celebrities -- in this case, two of the world's biggest -- at the Golden Globes ceremony Jan. 16. Additionally, the movie was never marketed as a comedy; it was portrayed as a romantic thriller.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Social & Mobile
From our partners
- Charlie Sheen Might Be Ditching His Stage Name
- Amanda Bynes Maintains That She Did Not Throw a Bong, Claims NYPD Sexually Harassed Her
- Photos: Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper, and Amy Adams on the Set of David O. Russell’s American Hustle
- Watch Will and Jaden Smith Do a Father-Son Version of The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air Rap