Angelina Jolie's 'Unbroken' Preview Airs During Olympics (Video)
Viewers got their first look at the upcoming film, about Olympian and war hero Louis "Louie" Zamperini, on Sunday with a Tom Brokaw-narrated teaser.
Olympics viewers got a first look at Angelina Jolie's upcoming movie Unbroken on Sunday.
A preview of the film, which marks Jolie's second movie as a director following 2011's In the Land of Blood and Honey, aired during NBC's coverage of the Winter Games.
The preview, narrated by Tom Brokaw, highlights the story of Olympian and war hero Louis "Louie" Zamperini, the focus of the film. Along with two other crewmen, Zamperini (played by Jack O'Connell) survived in a raft for 47 days after a near-fatal plane crash in World War II -- only to be caught by the Japanese Navy and sent to a prisoner-of-war camp.
The movie, adapted from Laura Hillenbrand's book, also stars Domhnall Gleeson, Finn Wittrock, Garrett Hedlund, John Magaro, Alex Russell and Japanese actor Miyavi in his English debut.
Unbroken hits theaters on Christmas day via Universal.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David