Comedy Central Africa Acquires Charlie Sheen's 'Anger Management' Sitcom
The African continent's only 24-hour chuckles channel grabbed the exclusive rights from Lionsgate International for the "Two and a Half Men" star's comeback sitcom.
TORONTO – Comedy Central Africa has grabbed the exclusive African TV rights to the Charlie Sheen sitcom Anger Management from Lionsgate International.
Africa's only 24-hour comedy channel, based in Johannesburg, will debut Anger Management on September 24, before airing on Monday nights two episodes of Sheens’ comeback sitcom after Two and a Half Men.
The African deal follows Lionsgate division Debmar Mercury selling an initial ten episodes of the sitcom to FX, before the U.S. cable channel recently ordered another 90 episodes.
Lionsgate International has also sold Anger Management to Canada, Latin America, Germany, Scandinavia, Benelux, Australia, New Zealand, the UK and Poland.
"We believe that Comedy Central is the perfect home for Anger Management in Africa, and we're delighted to continue building the show's momentum around the world," said Lionsgate International Television general manager Peter Iacono, who will also be shopping the comedy to yet more foreign buyers at MIPCOM.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10