Angie Harmon set to star in TNT's 'Rizzoli'
Actress to play title role of Boston detective in crime drama
Meet TNT's new leading lady.
"Law & Order" alumna Angie Harmon is returning to the crime-drama beat with a starring role on the cable network's pilot "Rizzoli."
Harmon's casting in the pilot based on Tess Gerritsen's popular Jane Rizzoli mystery novels lifts the contingency on the Warner Horizon-produced project.
In the pilot, written by Janet Tamaro ("Bones"), Harmon will play the title role, Jane Rizzoli, a Boston detective.
The books and the TV adaptation center on Rizzoli, who works on her cases with medical examiner Maura Isles, a role that has not been cast.
Tamaro is executive producing with Bill Haber and "The Closer" executive producer Michael M. Robin. Robin, who helmed the pilot for "Closer," also a female-centered cop drama, has signed on to direct the "Rizzoli" pilot.
In addition to her role as assistant district attorney Abbie Carmichael on "Law & Order," Harmon starred on ABC's "Women's Murder Club" as Detective Lindsay Boxer.
"Angie Harmon is a favorite of crime drama fans," TNT head of programming Michael Wright said. "She will bring a combination of toughness and sensitivity to the challenging lead role."
Harmon, who most recently co-starred opposite Harry Connick Jr. in the Lifetime movie "Living Proof," is repped by Carrabino Management.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR