Angry Birds Cartoon to Premiere Next Month
The first episode of the 'Angry Birds Toon' series will bow March 16 on Rovio's website and on air in Ukraine.
COLOGNE, Germany -- Rovio, makers of Angry Birds, have announced the official bow of their long-awaited animated television series based on the gaming phenomenon. Starting March 16, the Angry Birds Toons series promises a new episode every week featuring the adventures of the egg-stealing pigs and those furious feathered folk.
"An all-new animated series that throws the doors to Piggy Island wide open!" is how Rovio described the game-to-TV crossover on its blog today, announcing the upcoming launch.
While the majority of Angry Birds fans will, initially at least, have to watch the series on Rovio's website, the show has been licensed to a broadcaster in Ukraine, who will give Angry Birds Toons its on-air debut next month.
The cartoon is a further move by Finnish-based Rovio to extend its hugely successful Angry Birds brand. More than 260 million users have downloaded one of Rovio's Angry Birds apps -- a huge potential audience should Rovio put its cartoons into future games or updates. The animated series also should be a driver for future sales of games and Angry Birds toys and merchandise.
You can check out a trailer for the new Angry Birds cartoon below.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR