Animal Planet Bolsters Development Team
The Discovery-owned network promotes Charlie Foley and adds Kurt Tondorf and Andy Berg in key development positions.
Animal Planet is beefing up its development team, promoting network veteran Charlie Foley to the newly created position of senior vp of development and adding unscripted veterans Kurt Tondorf and Andy Berg as vice presidents reporting to Foley.
Foley joined Animal Planet in 2007 and has been instrumental in the development of the network’s top-rated River Monsters and Whale Wars. Foley will continue to report to Animal Planet president and general manager Marjorie Kaplan.
“Charlie’s bold thinking and creative ambition have been key to Animal Planet’s transformation,” said Kaplan in a statement. “Series he developed are some of the biggest and most dramatic successes of our rebrand and have helped re-imagine and redefine the brand for audiences and for the creative community.”
Tondorf joins Animal Planet from Optomen Productions, where he was vp of development and responsible for growing the UK-based company’s footprint in New York. Berg comes aboard from A&E/Bio where he was senior director of non-fiction and alternative programming developing and producing numerous series including Hoarders, Billy the Exterminator and Flip this House.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10