Animal Planet Orders New Series 'Money Barn' and 'Swamp'd'
Marking a bit of a departure from much of the cable network's roster, both series focus on people with unusual, animal-related jobs.
Animal Planet has announced two new series and the completion of production on a third.
The cable network has picked up Money Barn and Swamp'd, two new unscripted efforts following individuals with animal-related jobs.
“We’re excited to collaborate with some of the best production partners in the business,” says network president and gm Marjorie Kaplan. “These projects continue to push the range of stories we have to tell our audience.”
Money Barn, a five-part, half-hour series from Original Productions set for a February premiere, focuses on auctioneers who find their treasures in American barns -- presumably occupied by animals.
From Leftfield Pictures, Swamp'd takes place at Louisiana's P’Maw’s Bait Shack. The eight-episode series follows the employees and customers of the family-owned shop as they sell unique bait and hunt bullfrogs, among other things. The series debuts in the spring.
The network also recently completed production on fishing competition Top Hooker. An eight-part series from Pilgrim Studios, it's slated for a summer launch.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Zosia Mamet Attends 'Hand To God' Opening Night with Boyfriend Evan Jonigkeit!
- Rita Ora Rocks Sexy Pink Bodysuit for L.A. Music Video Shoot!
- Shirtless Josh Henderson's Six Pack is Unreal in Op's Latest Campaign with Bikini-Clad Nina Agdal!
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!