Ann Coulter Doubles Down on Obama 'Retard' Insult in New Twitter Post
Conservative Twitter-tracking site blasts the Fox News contributor: "Evidently the bottom of the barrel wasn’t completely scraped clean after Ann Coulter called President Obama a 'retard' yesterday."
As if calling President Barack Obama a "retard" once wasn't enough, Ann Coulter decided to double-down on her use of the offensive word in a second Twitter post on Tuesday.
"Obama: 'Stage 3 Romneysia' - because cancer references are HILARIOUS," the conservative author tweeted to her 265,000 followers. "If he's 'the smartest guy in the room' it must be one retarded room."
She posted her new insult Tuesday just as people across the Internet were reacting with outrage to her post-debate Twitter rant, in which she wrote: "I highly approve of Romney's decision to be kind and gentle to the retard."
The conservative Twitter-tracking site Twitchy.com blasted Coulter for continuing to use the offensive word. "Evidently the bottom of the barrel wasn’t completely scraped clean after Ann Coulter called President Obama a 'retard' yesterday," said the site. "And fancy that: She’s still not funny."
Twitchy posted a page of tweets from outraged people, noting that "it wasn't just liberals hoping to score points against Coulter who took offense."
"I think we can all agree that @AnnCoulter is about as mature as a 5th grader," tweeted one woman.
And another: "@AnnCoulter I don't give a sh*t what your political views are, using the #Rword is just wrong. Your message is being lost in the hate speech."
Perhaps Coulter was just trying to sell books, Twitchy suggested -- or just get more attention.
Obama: "Stage 3 Romneysia" - because cancer references are HILARIOUS.If he's "the smartest guy in the room" it must be one retarded room.
— Ann Coulter (@AnnCoulter) October 23, 2012
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Arsenio Hall 'Proves' David Letterman Wanted Him As A Replacement (VIDEO)
- Conan Calls Out '60 Minutes' For Even More Questionable Dubbing
- A Conversation with Bertrand Tavernier: On Politics, His Favorite Star, Early Influences, and His New Film
- Spotify's '90s Smash Hits! Playlist Is The Best Thing Since TRL
- James Franco Is the Happiest Guy Opening His 'New Film Stills' Art Exhibition at Pace Gallery!
- Tom Hiddleson 'Very Much' Wants to Play a Normal Character Who Wears Jeans!
- Cher Rocks Heart Shaped Nipple Pasties, Displays Fabulous Figure at 67!
- Jonathan Rhys Meyers Has Some Time Before Filming 'Secret Scripture'