Ann Curry Breaks Twitter Silence to Celebrate America, Encourage Aspiring Journalist
The former "Today" co-host offers words of inspiration for her 1.2 million followers.
After a painful and emotional farewell to Today Show viewers last week that some say was handled poorly by NBC, Ann Curry returned to her popular Twitter feed on Wednesday.
But there was no bitterness or self-pity in her 144-character dispatches -- only uplifting sentiments in honor of the country's 236th birthday.
"236 years old and just getting started," Curry wrote at 8:32 a.m. to her 1.2 million followers, adding, "Happy 4th America. You are beautiful."
Curry then replied to a single message of support, from University of Oregon journalism major Neil Kirpatrick, who told Curry in a tweet, "I'm a student at the #sojc [School of Journalism and Communication]. You're an inspiration."
"Then study hard," Curry replied. "This world needs great journalists."
The response thrilled Kirkpatrick.
"Just got tweeted back by Ann Curry," he wrote. "She's amazing."
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Four Scandal Actors Pick Their Characters’ Favorite Monologues
- James Franco Calls Times Theater Critic a ‘Little Bitch’ and Suggests He Work for Gawker
- See New Photos of Hannah and Adam Together on the Next Season of Girls
- Under the Skin, Only Lovers Left Alive, and a Brief History of the Art-Horror Film