Mitt Romney's Sons Defend Their Mother Via Twitter After Hilary Rosen's Attack (Video)
Hilary Rosen's assessment that Ann Romney "has never actually worked a day in her life" didn't go over so well with the five sons of the presidential hopeful.
The Romney men are mounting a Twitter defense of Ann Romney after Democratic strategist and former head of the RIAA Hilary Rosen went on CNN to declare that the wife of the presumed Republican challenger for president “has never actually worked a day in her life.”
After Rosen’s assessment of her, Ann Romney tweeted: “I made a choice to stay home and raise five boys. Believe me, it was hard work.” Her tweet was re-tweeted by some of her five sons.
Third son Josh Romney tweeted: “Ann Romney is one of the smartest, hardest working woman I know. Could have done anything with her life, chose to raise me.”
He also noted that the controversy has done wonders for the popularity of his mother'sTwitter feed.
“My mom has been able to get more followers in the last hour than I have in the last couple years. Follow her here
@AnnDRomney,” he tweeted.
The boys also encouraged their followers to watch their mother’s interview with Martha MacCallum on the Fox News Channel on Thursday morning where the topic, of course, was Rosen's comments from the night before.
After Ann Romney informed MacCallum that “it wasn’t so easy” to raise five sons, MacCallum said: “We’ve had a ton of people tweeting the show this morning when they heard that you were on, basically telling similar stories.”
“My career choice was to be a mother,” Romney said during the interview. “Other women make other choices, to have a career and raise a family, which I think Hilary Rosen has done herself.”
Video of Rosen on CNN and Ann Romney on Fox News is below.
After the appearance on Fox News, husband Mitt Romney tweeted: “Just watched Ann Romney on Fox News. Her work raising our boys was tougher than any job I had.”
Second son Matt Romney tweeted an online link to the interview with the message: “Here’s the video of Ann Romney interview today. Great Job mom!”
It’s not the first time the Romney clan has taken to Twitter to defend a family member. After a character on AMC’s Mad Men called Mitt Romney’s father, former Michigan Gov. George Romney, “a clown,” eldest son Tagg Romney tweeted: “Seriously, lib media mocking my dead grandpa?” He followed that with two more tweets defending his grandfather.
Watch the latest video at video.foxnews.com
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack