Anna Faris Feted With CinemaCon Comedy Star of the Year Award
The actress next stars in "The Dictator"; CinemaCon runs April 23-26 in Las Vegas.
Anna Faris -- who stars opposite Sacha Baron Cohen in The Dictator -- will receive CinemaCon's Comedy Star of the Year Award.
CinemaCon, the annual convention of theater owners, runs April 23-26 at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas. The CinemaCon Big Screen Achievement Awards ceremony will take place during the final night gala.
"With signature no-holds-barred approach, Faris best exemplifies the spirit and nerve of comedy cinema today," CinemaCon general manager Mitch Neuhauser said. "Her charm and unassuming wit capture our hearts time and again with each new performance."
From Paramount and directed by Larry Charles, The Dictator opens May 16 and was written by Cohen, Alec Berg, David Mandel and Jeff Schaffer. The cast also includes Ben Kingsley.
Faris, whose big screen credits include The House Bunny, was last in theaters with 20th Century Fox and New Regency's romantic comedy What's Your Number?, starring opposite Chris Evans. She's currently shooting Working Title's I Give it a Year.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR