Anna Faris, Dan Aykroyd drawn to 'Yogi Bear'
Justin Timberlake in negotiations to join live-action/CG pic
Anna Faris and Dan Aykroyd are in negotiations to star in "Yogi Bear," Warner Bros.' feature take on the classic Hanna-Barbera cartoon.
Justin Timberlake is in talks to join the project, which is being directed by Eric Brevig and produced by Donald De Line and Karen Rosenfelt as a live-action/CG hybrid.
Faris will play a nature documentarian who follows the antics of a bear in fictional Jellystone Park. Aykroyd will voice Yogi, and Timberlake could end up lending his pipes for Yogi's constant companion, Boo Boo.
Jon Berg is overseeing for the studio, which hopes to get "Yogi" under way in New Zealand in December. Brad Copeland penned the current script with Joshua Sternin and Jeff Ventimilia writing the original draft.
Faris, last seen in front of the cameras with "Observe and Report," recently has been lending her voice for such animated fare as "Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs" and "Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel." She's repped by Gersh and Raw Talent.
CAA-repped Aykroyd, who is working on a third "Ghostbusters" movie, was last seen on the screen in 2008's "War, Inc."
Timberlake, repped by WME and Rick Yorn, will next be seen in the upcoming drama "Open Road," and he recently signed to star in "The Social Network," the Facebook movie being directed by David Fincher.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR