Anna Faris Sells Stalker Comedy Project to Paramount (Exclusive)
2:39 PM PDT 4/15/2011 by Borys Kit
Paramount has picked up an untitled comedy pitch from Anna Faris as a starring vehicle for the multi-hyphenate. Joe Roth and Palak Patel of Roth Films are on board to produce.While details of the plot are being kept under wraps, the story revolves around Faris and a new roommate, who turns out to be a stalker from hell. The idea for the project came from Faris’ reps — her agent at Gersh and manager at Anonymous Content — after they heard the comedienne recount a funny incident that happened to her in real life. The idea was further developed by writer Deanna Kizis (who co-wrote Camp Rules for Montecito) and Patel. Kizis will now write the script Faris will exec produce with Doug Wald. One of the few female comedic actresses that can open movies, Faris (Scary Movie, The House Bunny) will next star in Fox’s What’s Your Number, which opens September 30. Kiziz is repped by Gersh and Jaret Entertainment. Paramount had no comment.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack