Anna Kendrick in Talks to Star in Romantic Comedy 'Pitch Perfect' (Exclusive)
The project is set in the world of collegiate a cappella groups.
Anna Kendrick is in negotiations to star in Pitch Perfect, the Gold Circle romantic comedy set in the world of collegiate a cappella groups. Universal is distributing.
The project will be directed by Jason Moore (Avenue Q) and is based on the nonfiction book written by GQ magazine's Mickey Rapkin.
Rebel Wilson, one of the breakouts of Bridesmaids, is already cast in the project, which revolves around a goth-like and rebellious student (Kendrick), unhappy to be at a school at which her father is a professor, who discovers her voice and becomes the secret weapon for the school’s female a cappella group.
The modestly-budgeted pic is to being shooting this fall in New Orleans. Sources caution that Kendrick’s deal is still in the early stages.
The role could serve a nice 180 for Kendrick, who has made a name for herself playing self-assured Type A personalities. She was nominated for an Oscar for her performance in Up In the Air, played the high-achieving human best friend of Bella in the Twilight movies and was last seen as the goal-oriented sister of Scott Pilgrim in Scott Pilgrim vs the World.
The CAA-repped actress next appears with in 50/50 with Joseph Godron-Levitt and Seth Rogen.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR