Anna Kournikova Is Off NBC's 'Biggest Loser' (Exclusive)
The tennis star and her reps confirm to THR that she's leaving the NBC reality show after hosting-training for one season.
Anna Kournikova will not be returning for next season of NBC's The Biggest Loser, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Kournikova was hired by NBC to host and act as trainer on season 12 of the reality weight loss series, following Jillian Michael's exit. It seemed like a great idea at the time: she's attractive, camera friendly and a major athlete. But staffers say they clashed with her, and some of the contestants found her a bit brash. Whereas Michaels was soothing, encouraging and even uplifting, Kournikova did not sympathize with her overweight contestants, often telling them about her own tough upbringing when they complained about training being hard.
A source on the show actually called Kournikova "a nightmare." She would definitely not have been mistaken for a life coach.
Kournikova and her reps did admit to THR that she is leaving the show after one season, and the tennis star issued this statement to us: "I enjoyed my time on the Biggest Loser ranch. Although I will not be returning as a full time trainer on season 13, I will always be a part of The Biggest Loser family and my commitment to bettering lives through health and fitness will continue."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack