Anna Wintour Tells Obama Supporters 'Don’t Be Late' (Video)
The editor of Vogue urges fashionistas (and other fans of the president) to donate to online contest.
If you saw The Devil Wears Prada, then you know she’s not to be ignored.
That’s what the Obama campaign is counting and why they’ve released a video in which the fashionista-in-chief—long-time Vogue editor Anna Wintour—urges the president’s supporters to step up and take part in an online contest to win a pair of tickets to a June 14 fundraiser in New York City. Wintour, international fashion’s reigning arbiter of taste, is co-hosting that event with Sarah Jessica Parker at the actress’ Manhattan home.
“Hi, I’m Anna Wintour,” the editor says as the camera zooms into a close-up, “and I’m so lucky in my work that I’m able to meet some of the most incredible women in the world, women like Sarah Jessica Parker and Michelle Obama. These two wonderful women and I are hosting a dinner along with the president in New York City to benefit the Obama campaign.”
Wintour has long been an enthusiastically active Obama backer and, along with her close friend Harvey Weinstein, one of the president’s leading New York fundraisers. Campaign officials hope the online contest to attend the June 14 dinner will build on the success of a similar online drawing for tickets to the recent Obama fundraiser at George Clooney’s house in Laurel Canyon.
“It will be a fantastic evening and you can join us,” Wintour says in the video. “We’re saving the two best seats in the house for you. . .Sarah Jessica and I both have our own reasons for supporting President Obama and we want to hear yours, so please join us.”
In a final nod to the memorable film character she inspired, Wintour admonishes viewers, “just don’t be late.”
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- A-Sides with Jon Chattman: Alexz Johnson Living "American Dream;" Pace & Revi and a Bicoastal "Hurricane"
- 'Game Of Thrones' Co-Star Reveals Lena Headey Had 'Mixed Feelings' About That Controversial Rape Scene
- Givin' 'Em Hell and Heaven: Conversations With Joe Satriani and Sebastian Bach
- Angel Haze Slams Homophobia In Hip-Hop, Discusses Sexuality
- Shantel VanSanten Leaves the 'Gang' Behind for Night of Music!
- Neil Patrick Harris Gets Support From Partner David Burtka at Opening Night of 'Hedwig and the Angry Inch'!
- 'Frozen' Soundtrack Nabs Its Biggest Sales Week, Stays at Number 1 for 11th Week
- Reese Witherspoon is All About Peeps in Her Easter Baskets!