Annabella Sciorra: Working With James Gandolfini Was 'Once-in-a-Lifetime' Experience
His "Sopranos" co-star says the late actor "made it safe enough for me to go out on a limb and delve into the depths of insanity, intimacy and violence right along with him without question or fear."
This story first appeared in the July 19 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
On an artistic level, working with James Gandolfini was a once-in-a-lifetime experience, and I'll treasure that time forever. He was a deep and giving actor who made it safe enough for me to go out on a limb and delve into the depths of insanity, intimacy and violence right along with him without question or fear. He always made sure I knew he would be there to catch me and to support me. James was the sweetest, gentlest, loving soul you could imagine. Everyone wanted to be near him, to feel the warmth that emanated from him. Everyone wanted to feel his arm around them. On The Sopranos, he set the tone of respect and community that I've never seen anywhere else. People were free to argue, cry and laugh without judgment on the set, which is a rarity. Everyone's input was respected. Everyone counted. Everyone contributed. That was all Jim.
Read more tributes to Gandolfini below:
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR