Anne Carey to Deliver Keynote at Strategic Partners
The indie producer will join Arte France's Michel Reilhac in telling participants at the Canadian co-production forum how to steer through a fast-changing digital landscape.
TORONTO -- Indie producer Anne Carey and Arte France’s Michel Reilhac are part of the lineup for Strategic Partners, taking place Sept. 15-18 in Halifax.
At the Canadian co-production market, which this year will spotlight indie producers from the U.S., Australia and South Africa, Carey will be featured in a keynote conversation, giving insights in choosing multi-national partners and a financing strategy.
Reilhac, director of film acquisitions for ARTE France, will also provide a keynote address in Halifax on making choices and decisions in a fast-changing digital landscape when the “medium is no longer the message,” but the medium is instead fragmented and disjointed.
Also on the Strategic Partners schedule is a panel on bringing brand financing into the filmmaking process without disrupting the creative process.
Panelists include Mike Wiese of agency J. Walter Thompson, features product placement consultant Allison Robin, Derrick Borte (The Joneses) and writer/producer Joe Narciso.
Another Strategic Partners panel will explore the return of private equity in film financing.
Panelists include Neil Tabatznik of Toronto-based film financier Blue Ice Productions, Benjamin Kramer of Creative Artists Agency, and Jordon Horowitz, of Gilbert Films.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'