Anne Fletcher in Talks to Direct Reese Witherspoon, Sofia Vergara in 'Don't Mess With Texas'
The action-comedy was initially picked up by Universal but is now at MGM.
Anne Fletcher is in talks to direct Don’t Mess With Texas, a buddy action-comedy that will star Reese Witherspoon and Sofia Vergara.
The project is set up at MGM, which recently picked it after it was put into turnaround by Universal. (Universal had picked it up as a spec package in June.)
The script, by David Feeney and John Quaintance, follows a police officer and a prisoner who are on the run.
Dana Fox will produce the film along with Witherspoon and Bruna Papandrea for their Pacific Standard production company.
Fletcher is a choreographer turned director whose credits include the hit romantic comedy The Proposal, which starred Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds, as well as 27 Dresses and The Guilt Trip.
She is repped by UTA and Sloane Offer.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR