Anne Hathaway Almost Drowns in Hawaii
The Oscar winner was pulled to safety by a heroic surfer after being caught in a dangerous riptide.
Anne Hathaway was nearly swept out to sea while vacationing in Oahu, Hawaii, on Wednesday.
The Les Miserables star got caught up in a riptide, and while her husband, Adam Shulman, lay out of earshot on the beach, a fast-acting surfer came to her rescue.
According the New York Post's Page Six, Hathaway, 31, began waving her arms and screaming as the waves engulfed her, catching the attention of the local man who ran down the beach to her aid with a boogie board.
Photos of the dramatic incident show Anne's short-haired head bobbing under the water as her hands flail in the air.
Once back safely on dry land, Hathaway was attended to by 32-year-old Shulman, who carefully bandaged up a cut on her left foot that had been caused by a sharp coral reef.
Fortunately, she seemed to quickly recover from the traumatic experience and was seen later that day posing with fans for pictures on the beach.
The surfer who leapt into the water to save Hathaway has not yet been named.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR