Anne Hathaway Asks for 'Glee' Role at Golden Globes
"She wants to play Chris Colfer's lesbian aunt," co-creator Ryan Murphy tells THR. "She came up with the songs!"
Anne Hathaway wants to star on Glee -- and she's already come up with her role.
"She wants to play Chris Colfer's lesbian aunt," Co-creater Ryan Murphy told The Hollywood Reporter backstage at the Golden Globes after his Fox hit won best comedic television series. "She presented the whole episode. She came up with the songs."
"I love her and would definitely be interested," added Murphy, who tells THR Hathaway approached him "on her way to the bathroom."
Later that night, they "finalized a deal with Anne to come on to the show," Murphy said, adding that she will likely sing Stephen Sondheim.
Co-creator Brad Falchuk also spoke about Glee's much anticipated Super Bowl episode, which will guest star Katie Couric: “It's huge. There's pretty intense makeup, a couple of unexpected kisses in there. A huge number with flaming whips, BMX bikes."
It's the "biggest budget" episode of all time, he added.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)
- The CW's 'Star Crossed' Is The Classic WB Show You've Been Waiting For
- Love 'Cosmos?' Then NASA's 'Images Of A Space-Time Odyssey' Will Make Your Jaw Drop (PHOTOS)