Anne Hathaway Attached to Star in Mindy Kaling-Written Rom-Com (Exclusive)
Kaling co-wrote "The Low Self-Esteem of Lizzie Gillespie" with Brent Forrester. Good Universe is behind the project.
Anne Hathaway is attached to star in The Low Self-Esteem of Lizzie Gillespie, a romantic comedy from Good Universe co-written by Mindy Kaling.
The story centers on a woman whose lack of self-worth has limited her choice in men to losers. When she is about to hit the bottom of the barrel, life takes an unexpected turn when she is pursued by the hottest guy ever.
Kaling, who likely would take on a supporting role, co-wrote the Black List-charting script with Brent Forrester. The two are exec producing with Good Universe’s Nathan Kahane and Joe Drake. John Malkovich also executive produced via his Mr. Mudd Productions.
Lianne Halfon and Russell Smith of Mr. Mudd are producing the project, which is still in development and seeking a director.
Hathaway played Catwoman in the summer hit The Dark Knight Rises and will play Fantine in Universal/Working Title’s adaptation of Les Miserables, which opens Dec. 25.
She is repped by CAA, Management 360 and Sloane Offer.
Good Universe’s exec vp production Nicole Brown is overseeing the project for the company.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Four Scandal Actors Pick Their Characters’ Favorite Monologues
- James Franco Calls Times Theater Critic a ‘Little Bitch’ and Suggests He Work for Gawker
- See New Photos of Hannah and Adam Together on the Next Season of Girls
- Under the Skin, Only Lovers Left Alive, and a Brief History of the Art-Horror Film