Anne Hathaway More Likable Than James Franco at Oscars, Research Survey Shows
9:56 AM PDT 4/7/2011 by THR staff
Half of viewers want her back as host, while 26 percent wish to see Franco return, according to Q & A Research.
Audiences who tuned into the 83rd annual Academy Awards found Anne Hathaway "more likable, more entertaining and more articulate" than her cohost James Franco, a new study shows.A national survey of 241 viewers conducted by San Francisco Bay Area’s Q & A Research found that 36 percent of those surveyed gave Hathaway a very good to excellent rating to just 19 percent for Franco. Half of viewers (51 percent) want her back as host, while 26 percent wish to see Franco return. A third of those surveyed (34 percent) voiced that this year’s presentation was worse than previous broadcasts of the event. Franco admitted his performance was lackluster in a recent interview with David Letterman. “Maybe I had low energy," he said. "I honestly played those lines as well as I could."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR