Anne Hathaway Set to Produce, Star in 'Puzzler' at Paramount (Exclusive)
The actress will produce the thriller with Adam Shulman, Sarah Perlman and Stefan Sonnenfeld.
Anne Hathaway is making the transition from actress to producer. The star has closed a deal to produce and topline Puzzler, a thriller set up at Paramount.
The project is described as a female-driven, paranoid thriller in the vein of Three Days of the Condor. Karl Gajdusek, who wrote the recent Nicolas Cage-Nicole Kidman thriller Trespass, will pen the script. The project would mark Hathaway's first producing effort. Joining her as producers are Adam Shulman, Sarah Perlman and Stefan Sonnenfeld, who has a first-look deal with Paramount.
Hathaway's recent credits include One Day, Love and Other Drugs and Alice in Wonderland. She co-hosted the Oscars in February and will star as Catwoman in next summer's The Dark Knight Rises.
Perlman and Sonnenfeld are producing the planned Lionsgate thriller Dead Island, based on a popular video game.
Hathaway is represented by CAA and Management 360. Gajdusek is represented by Verve and Management 360.
Email: Daniel.Miller@THR.com; Borys.Kit@THR.com
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR