Anne Hathaway in Talks to Replace Reese Witherspoon in 'The Intern' (Exclusive)
Robert De Niro is already on board the workplace comedy from director Nancy Meyers.
Anne Hathaway is in talks to replace Reese Witherspoon in The Intern, the workplace comedy to be directed by Nancy Meyers.
Warner Bros. has the domestic rights to the project, which was a hot title at 2013’s AFM.
Robert De Niro is also starring in the project, which tells of the owner of an Internet company who gets assigned an intern who's a retiree (De Niro). He becomes a valuable resource and the two develop a relationship.
Witherspoon was involved with the film when it was selling at AFM but left the project mid-January. Scheduling was blamed at the time.
Scott Rudin, who is producing, and Meyers then quickly zeroed in on some key names with Hathaway doing a table read with De Niro and Meyers last week that went well.
Hathaway will next be seen in Christopher Nolan’s Interstellar and is coming off the Sundance premiere of the drama Song One.
She is repped by CAA, Management 360 and Sloane Offer.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama