Anne Hathaway in Talks to Replace Reese Witherspoon in 'The Intern' (Exclusive)
Robert De Niro is already on board the workplace comedy from director Nancy Meyers.
Anne Hathaway is in talks to replace Reese Witherspoon in The Intern, the workplace comedy to be directed by Nancy Meyers.
Warner Bros. has the domestic rights to the project, which was a hot title at 2013’s AFM.
Robert De Niro is also starring in the project, which tells of the owner of an Internet company who gets assigned an intern who's a retiree (De Niro). He becomes a valuable resource and the two develop a relationship.
Witherspoon was involved with the film when it was selling at AFM but left the project mid-January. Scheduling was blamed at the time.
Scott Rudin, who is producing, and Meyers then quickly zeroed in on some key names with Hathaway doing a table read with De Niro and Meyers last week that went well.
Hathaway will next be seen in Christopher Nolan’s Interstellar and is coming off the Sundance premiere of the drama Song One.
She is repped by CAA, Management 360 and Sloane Offer.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR