Anne Heche, Judd Hirsch Join Cast of TNT Telepic 'Silent Witness' (Exclusive)
William Devane and Titus Welliver have also joined the cast of "Good Morning, Killer," adapted from April Smith's novel of the same name.
TNT’s Mystery Movie Night franchise continues to add bold-face names to its roster with Anne Heche, Judd Hirsch, William Devane and Titus Welliver.
The Emmy-nominated Heche (Hung) and Oscar-nominated Hirsh (Damages) have been added to the cast of Silent Witness, the telepic based on the book by Richard North Patterson. The duo joins film star Dermot Mulroney (Zodiak), who plays prominent defense attorney Tony Lord, who returns to his hometown to defend a teacher (Southland’s Michael Cudlitz).
Witness, which is set to premiere Dec. 7, counts Lizzie Friedman and Greg Little (One Lucky Elephant) as well as Howard Braunstein (The Informant!) as executive producers. Thomas Michael Donnelly (Our Fathers) has penned the script, with Peter Markle (Bat*21, Flight 93) attached to direct.
For their part, Emmy nominee Devane and Welliver will join Catherine Bell (Army Wives) in Good Morning, Killer, which is being adapted by April Smith from her novel of the same name. Devane (24) is set to play Everett Morgan “Poppy” Gray, the grandfather of Bell’s FBI Special Agent Ana Gray, an undercover operative tracking down a serial kidnapper. Welliver (Hawthorne) will play FBI Special Agent Mike Donato, Ana Gray’s FBI partner. They join Cole Hauser (Chase) as Detective Andrew Berringer.
Good Morning, Killer, which will roll out Dec. 13, is being written and executive produced by Smith, with Frank von Zerneck (Miracle on Ice) joining her as an EP. Maggie Greenwald (Songcatcher, The Ballad of Little Jo) has been tapped to direct.
The telepics are part of the net’s lineup of original movies under its upcoming Mystery Movie Night franchise, which will feature six procedural dramas. The series kicks off Nov. 29 with Scott Turow's Innocent, starring Bill Pullman, Marcia Gay Harden and Alfred Molina.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David