Annette Bening, Morgan Freeman Sign On for Rob Reiner's 'The Third Act' (Berlin)
10:20 AM PST 2/10/2011 by Borys Kit
It is the actress’ first move since her Oscar nomination for "The Kids Are All Right."
In her first move since her Oscar nomination for The Kids Are All Right, Annette Bening has signed on to star in The Third Act, a Rob Reiner-directed drama that will also star Morgan Freeman.Voltage Pictures, run by Nicolas Chartier, will finance and sell international rights for the picture in Berlin. The inspirational script by Guy Thomas tells the story of a formerly famous western writer (Freeman) attempting to rediscover the talent that made him great in a small rural town. In doing so, he helps a young girl find her wild imagination and helps her mother (Bening) find love once more. A May start is scheduled. For Bening, Act is a reunion with Reiner, who directed her in The American President. Freeman, too, is a Reiner returnee, having worked with the helmer on The Bucket List. CAA reps Bening, Freeman and Reiner. It is also repping Third Act’s domestic rights.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR