Annette Charles: Her Famous 'Grease' Dance (Video)
The actress, who died Wednesday, played the sultry Cha Cha.
Annette Charles, who was best know for playing Charlene “Cha Cha” DiGregorio in Grease, died Wednesday. She was 63.
In the 1978 hit film, Charles’ character Cha Cha has a particularly memorable moment when she takes to the dance floor during the school dance. The students compete in a dance competition, which Cha Cha wins with Danny (John Travolta).
Charles, wearing a black and dress with blue lining, shines on the dance floor in the choreographed number. Grease also stars John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John.
Charles also has several television roles, with appearances on High Chaparral in 1968, including The Flying Nun, Gunsmoke, Mod Squad, Bonanza, Barnaby Jones and The Bionic Woman.
- The Epic Disney Blow-Up of 1994
- Mickey Rooney's Final Days Marred by Bizarre Family Feud
- Why Stephen Colbert Is the Perfect David Letterman Replacement
- 'The Normal Heart's' 30-Year Journey From Barbra Streisand to Ryan Murphy
- T.D. Jakes on Bringing God to Hollywood and Brushing Off Criticism From Cynics
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Nurse Jackie" Is At Its Most Dramatic This Season
- Non-Newtonian Fluids Rock Out As Stars Of Jack White's New Music Video
- Dave Attell's 'Road Work' & 'Comedy Underground' Bring His Raw, Unfiltered Style Back To TV
- James Cameron: The Scripts For All Three 'Avatar' Sequels Are Almost Done, Plus More Reddit AMA Highlights