Aline Brosh McKenna to Rewrite 'Annie' Remake
Emma Thompson penned a previous draft of the musical.
Columbia Pictures is bringing Aline Brosh McKenna onboard to rewrite its Annie remake.
Emma Thompson penned a previous draft of the musical, which is being produced by Will Smith and Jay-Z.
The hip-hop take on the little orphan that spawned a comic strip, a Broadway musical and a 1982 film still has no director attached.
Smith's daughter Willow Smith is starring in Annie.
Brosh McKenna, who is best known for adapting Lauren Weisberger's best-seller The Devil Wears Prada, also penned We Bought a Zoo, I Don't Know How She Does It and Morning Glory.
She is repped by CAA.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR