'Annie' Moves Up a Week, Avoids Christmas Day Crush
The film adaptation of the Broadway classic stars Jamie Foxx, Quvenzhane Wallis, Rose Byrne, Bobby Cannavale and Cameron Diaz.
Looking for some breathing room, Sony's Annie will now open on Dec. 19, 2014, instead of Christmas Day.
On its old date, the film adaptation of the classic Broadway musical would have opened directly opposite Disney's musical Into the Woods and Fox's Night at the Museum 3.
That's not to say there's no competition a week earlier. On Dec. 17, Peter Jackson's The Hobbit: There and Back rolls out in theaters.
From director Will Gluck, Annie stars Jamie Foxx as Oliver "Daddy" Warbucks and Quvenzhane Wallis as Annie. Rose Byrne, Bobby Cannavale and Cameron Diaz also star.
Based on the Great Depression-era comic strip, the Jay Z- and Will Smith-produced update of the iconic musical is set in modern times. Other producers include Smith's Overbrook Entertainment partners James Lassiter and Jada Pinkett Smith as well as Jay Brown and Tyran "Ty Ty" Smith of Marcy Media.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR