'Anonymous' Hacker Group Attacks BMI Website
The publishing house assured copyright holders that its systems have not been compromised.
In a defensive move against the Anonymous hacker group, BMI has temporarily taken down its website, the organization said in a statement today. The statement said that the denial-of-service attack has slowed down external access to BMI.com, but, it adds, "There has not been a breach of security into our systems in any form and access has not been obtained to any secure content. We believe that this attack is part of their misguided campaign to attack creative rights. The group has launched attacks on other agencies around the world representing creators in the past."
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR