'Ant-Man' Release Date Shifts to Summer 2015
Edgar Wright is directing Marvel's upcoming superhero pic.
Ant-Man is on the move.
Disney is pushing up the release date of Marvel's upcoming project from Nov. 6, 2015, to July 31, 2015.
Edgar Wright is directing the pic based on the Marvel comics character Henry Pym, a brilliant scientist who invents a way to change size. But when that experiment goes awry, he discovers a way to communicate with insects.
With the November release date, the superhero pic would have gone up against the next Bond film, which will see the return of director Sam Mendes and star Daniel Craig. Mendes' previous Bond film, Skyfall, was a box office behemoth, bringing in more than $1 billion worldwide. Fox's untitled Peanuts movie also opens on that date.
The new July 2015 date only has one other film slated for release -- Peregrine's Home for Peculiars.
It will be a crowded superhero summer. Marvel's ensemble superhero sequel, Avengers: Age of Ultron, hits theaters earlier that summer, on May 1, 2015. Also, Warner Bros.' currently untitled Superman and Batman pic starring Henry Cavill and Ben Affleck is scheduled to open on July 17, 2015.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws