Anthony Bourdain Elaborates on Paula Deen Criticism
The "No Reservations" host called the Southern chef "the most dangerous person in America" and lays into her further via Twitter.
Travel Channel host Anthony Bourdain is in a war of the words with Food Network personality Paula Deen over her cooking.
Bourdain, who travels the world in search of gastronomic finds as host of Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations, recently told TV Guide that Deen was the "most dangerous person in America" because of her "unholy connections with evil corporations" and her pride in "the fact that her food is f**king bad for you."
He said, "I would think twice before telling an already obese nation that it's OK to eat food that is killing us. Plus, her food sucks."
Bourdain elaborated on his position in a series of tweets Thursday. He wrote, "What was Jesus's position on gout?" and linked to Deen's "The Lady's Brunch Burger" recipe -- which calls for butter, bacon, eggs and glazed donuts in place of hamburger buns -- saying, "I give you the 'horrific' 'Lady's Brunch Burger' (yikes) this erodes our military readiness!"
Other zingers aimed at the Southern chef included "I love red beans and rice. Do I need it between pancakes?" and a clarification on his TV Guide interview, "My comment was actually 'worst, most dangerous to America cook on FN [Food Network].' "
Bourdain has a history of outspokenness in general, and has put down his fellow TV chefs in the past. He has called Rachael Ray a "bobblehead" and a "freakazoid" before, and said of Sandra Lee, "Pure evil. This frightening Hell Spawn of Kathie Lee and Betty Crocker seems on a mission to kill her fans, one meal at a time. She must be stopped."
Bourdain told The Hollywood Reporter last year that the chefs take his comments in stride and he makes sure he keeps to himself in case they don't, "Rachael Ray sent me a fruit basket. And I had an uncomfortable meeting with Sandra Lee, where she pretty much had me for breakfast. It’s not like we socialize together. They work their side of the street, I work mine."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 10 Reimagined Disney Posters Bring Your Favorite Childhood Characters Back To Life
- DOCUMENTARY: How One Email Changed One Guy's Life... Forever
- Miley Cyrus Shows Off Her Sex Toy On Twitter, Should Seriously Be Taught What TMI Means
- Here's Everything Wrong With 'Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull'
- Diane Kruger Ties Up Her Shirt to Reveal Her Flat Stomach
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt Reenacts YouTube Viral Sensation 'David at the Dentist' - Watch Now!
- Michelle Obama Hosts Women in Soul Event, President Barack Obama Flubs Spelling of Aretha Franklin's 'Respect'
- Find Out How Oprah Winfrey Got Fooled By Princess Diana!