'Fear the Brow': Basketball Star Anthony Davis Trademarks His Unibrow in Marketing Play
The NCAA champion and likely NBA top draft pick is protecting his forehead fuzz, with eyes on connecting with trendy fans' cash.
Michael Jordan had the tongue. Anthony Davis has The Eyebrow.
The six-foot-ten-inch center, who led Kentucky to the NCAA title and took home every major player of the year award in his first and only college season, told CNBC that he has trademarked his now-iconic unibrow.
The forehead mustache, which became a hit as Davis earned All-American honors and the NCAA Tournament Most Outstanding Player Award, will now be a source of income for the star, as he is no longer an amateur; Davis is tipped to go number one overall in Thursday's NBA draft.
“I don’t want anyone to try to grow a unibrow because of me and then try to make money off of it,” Davis told the financial news network. “Me and my family decided to trademark it because it’s very unique.”
Unauthorized merchandise featuring the heavy set of follicles grew at a rapid pace as Kentucky stormed its way through college basketball this past season; while the school worked to clip the most blatant offenders, it was unable to fully remove them from the market. With officially licensed goods, the bootleg market should be trimmed, allowing Davis to grow what will be a substantial NBA rookie contract and a thick abundance of promotional and sponsorship opportunities.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Zosia Mamet Attends 'Hand To God' Opening Night with Boyfriend Evan Jonigkeit!
- Rita Ora Rocks Sexy Pink Bodysuit for L.A. Music Video Shoot!
- Shirtless Josh Henderson's Six Pack is Unreal in Op's Latest Campaign with Bikini-Clad Nina Agdal!
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!