Red Hot Chili Peppers Tour Postponed While Anthony Kiedis Recovers From Foot Surgery
The singer will be "out for 8 weeks," tweeted drummer Chad Smith two weeks before the U.S. trek was due to kick off in Sunrise, Florida.
Red Hot Chili Peppers are postponing the start of their U.S. tour so that frontman Anthony Kiedis can recover from foot surgery.
The singer went under the knife for multiple procedures recently: he had a crushed sesamoid bone removed and a flexor tendon in his foot treated. He is expected to make a full recovery.
The trek was due to kick off on Jan. 20 in Sunrise, Florida. That show has been moved to April 2. See the complete list of rescheduled dates on the band's official site.
Earlier this week, Chili Peppers drummer Chad Smith tweeted, “AK had surgery on Monday on his foot so he’s out for 8 weeks. Our sincere apologies for the inconvience. All US dates have been rescheduled.”
The band's latest album, I'm With You, was released in August 2011.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Zosia Mamet Attends 'Hand To God' Opening Night with Boyfriend Evan Jonigkeit!
- Rita Ora Rocks Sexy Pink Bodysuit for L.A. Music Video Shoot!
- Shirtless Josh Henderson's Six Pack is Unreal in Op's Latest Campaign with Bikini-Clad Nina Agdal!
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!