'Without a Trace' Star Anthony LaPaglia Tapped for ABC Drama 'Americana'
The Golden Globe winner joins "Spider-Man" musical actress Natalie Mendoza in a soapy drama about a legendary fashion designer.
Anthony LaPaglia is returning to the small screen.
The Without a Trace actor has signed on to star in ABC’s Americana. The soapy drama, which hails from ABC Studios, revolves around a legendary fashion designer Robert Soulter (LaPaglia) and his family business.
The Aussie actor was a hot commodity this pilot season, with interest from both drama and comedy projects. Since Trace wrapped in 2009, LaPaglia has worked on such big screen projects as Quentin Tarantino’s upcoming spaghetti western Django Unchained.
He joins fellow castmember Natalie Mendoza, who will play the part of beautiful 30-something bitch, Wendy, in Americana. More recently, the actress best known for her work in British TV series Hotel Babylon played Arachne in the troubled Broadway musical Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark. She was forced to depart due to an injury.
North Country scribe Michael Seitzman is attached to write and executive produce the New York-based drama alongside EPs Mark Gordon and Nicholas Pepper. Phillip Noyce (Salt, Patriot Games) is on board to direct the pilot.
LaPaglia is repped by CAA, Industry Entertainment and Edelstein, Laird & Sobel.
Email: Lacey.Rose@THR.com; Twitter: @LaceyVRose
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sandra Bullock's Stylist Elizabeth Stewart Awarded THR's Top Stylist Ranking!
- Emma Watson Begins 'Noah' Press Tour, Premieres Film in Berlin!
- Kanye West & Jay Z Perform 'Otis,' 'Gotta Have It' & More at SXSW - Watch Now!
- 'Two & a Half Men,' 'Good Wife' & Many Others Renewed By CBS, 'Crazy Ones,' Left Off List