Anthony Mackie Arrested, Charged With Driving While Intoxicated
The "Hurt Locker" actor was stopped by officers for tinted windows on the Dodge Challenger he was operating.
Anthony Mackie was arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated on early Saturday morning in Harlem, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
At 1:22 a.m. near Lenox Avenue and West 125th Street, the 35-year-old Hurt Locker actor was stopped while driving a 2010 Dodge Challenger after police officers observed tinted windows on the vehicle, NYPD spokesman Sgt. Carlos Nieves tells THR.
Officers noticed an odor of alcohol and observed that the driver had bloodshot eyes, according to Nieves. The actor was taken to the 28th Precinct and charged. He was then taken to the Manhattan Criminal Court Building to await arraignment.
Mackie has recently been featured in the WikiLeaks title The Fifth Estate as well as Ben Affleck's Runner, Runner, the Michael Bay-directed Pain & Gain and the action-thriller Gangster Squad.
The actor portrays the Falcon in 2014's Marvel sequel Captain America: The Winter Soldier, which hits theaters in April.
TMZ first reported the arrest.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR