Anthony Quinn’s Son, Francesco, Dies at 48
The ‘Platoon’ and ‘Young and the Restless’ actor was running up the street with his son before he suffered an apparent heart attack, his neighbor says.
Francesco Quinn, son of legendary Oscar winner Anthony Quinn, died Friday night near his Malibu home. The actor, 48, was reportedly running in the street with his son Max when he collapsed, according to a neighbor who attempted to revive him.
“There was a moment where we thought that we were making progress, that we started to sense that this could work,” neighbor Tim Lawrence told Malibu Patch. “We were working feverishly at it. But at a certain point it turned, and there was no response.”
Paramedics came to the scene, but Quinn was pronounced dead at the hospital, the local Patch site reports.
Francesco was born in Rome on March 22, 1963, to Anthony Quinn and his second wife, Iolanda. He had a role in Oliver Stone’s 1986 Oscar-winning film Platoon, as drug dealer Rhah. He later appeared in several TV shows, including The Young and the Restless, NCIS, ER and 24.
He is survived by his wife Valentina Castellani-Quinn and three children. “Francesco was my soulmate and the best father for Sofia, Michela and Max,” Valentina told Malibu Patch. “I will love him forever.”
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR