Anthony Weiner: ABC News Paid Nursing Student $10K to License Photos
Meagan Broussard shared dozens of photos, emails, Facebook messages and cell phone call logs with the network.
ABC News paid nursing student Meagan Broussard between $10,000 and $15,000 to license dozens of photos, emails, Facebook messages and cell phone call logs from Rep. Anthony Weiner, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
The network announced it had paid to license the photos during its Monday-night broadcasts and in its online story. Mediabistro's TV Newser first reported the figure. Anthony Weiner: Hollywood's 10 Best Twitter Jokes
In what has been dubbed "Weinergate" by the media, the Democratic Representative of New York admitted Monday at a press conference that he exchanged raunchy emails and texts with Broussard and five other women over the past three years.
"I take full responsibility for my actions," Weiner said. "The picture was of me, and I sent it."
When a photo of his crotch showed up on Twitter last week, and on Andrew Breitbart's conservative blog BigGovernment.com, Weiner of at first denied he had sent them.
Broussard said she "chuckled" when she heard that.
"t would be one thing if he came out and said, 'Hey, so what?' But now he's saying he got hacked?" Broussard, who began her sexually-charged relationship with the married Weiner on April 20, 2011, told ABC News.
Weiner was the butt of late-night jokes once again on Monday night. Weinergate: The Best Late-Night Jokes About Rep. Anthony Weiner's Twitter Scandal
His pal Jon Stewart quipped on The Daily Show as two of the photos in question -- a crotch shot and a bare-chest shot -- were shown: "Perhaps the most upsetting thing about having a friend caught up in a scandal of this nature is finding out, A) he's packing jumbo heat, and B) he's ripped. I can't believe this guy and me are the same f---ing age!"
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Amanda Seyfried and Cara Delevingne are Joining Pan
- Theater Review: Michelle Williams and Alan Cumming Come (Back) to the Cabaret
- Christopher Meloni on Surviving Jack, Surviving Dinosaurs, and Why His Oz Character Was Revolutionary
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch Director on Those Fake Hurt Locker Playbills