Anthony Weiner Approached for Cameo on 'Entourage'
The disgraced New York Representative resigned from Congress Thursday morning.
Entourage executive producer Doug Ellin has reached out Anthony Weiner to play himself on the show.
Though the request went out before Weiner resigned from office Tuesday, don't count on seeing him on the eighth and final season this summer. Asked what response he has gotten from Weiner, Ellin just says, "Nothing."
The Hollywood-centric series kicks off its farewell tour with a party in New York on July 19 in anticipation of its July 24 return.
For years, the HBO show had double premieres, bicoastally, each season. Then, for a few more years, the hot-ticket soiree has taken place only in the show's native setting of L.A. Why the sudden change of city? An HBO insider tells us, "All the guys are from New York, including exec producer Doug Ellin."
Apparently, Ellin is also scouting New York locations for his new HBO series 40, with Ed Burns, shooting in September, which Ellin refers to as "the educated Entourage."
Ellin has a reputation for going for hot topic guest stars -- he pursued Charlie Sheen for a possible guest slot last season but never heard back.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'