Anthony Weiner Defended by Janeane Garofalo: 'He Will Be Mayor of New York One Day'
"Everyone lies about sex," the actress said on HBO's "Real Time With Bill Maher" on Friday. "He hasn't broke[n] any laws."
Actress Janeane Garofalo is one of few people, including Alec Baldwin and Jon Stewart, who are defending Rep. Anthony Weiner.
On HBO’s Real Time With Bill Maher on Friday, Garofalo said, “Everyone lies about sex,” and predicted that Weiner “will be mayor of New York one day. I’m serious.”
She also said that he "deserves to be supported.”
“He is a Democrat [who] actually fights for the things liberals and progressive and rational people care about,” she said. “I don’t know why he’s being thrown under the bus. He hasn’t done any — he hasn’t broke[n] any laws.”
Garofalo, who was a cast member on NBC’s Saturday Night Live, put blame on the media for obsessing over Weiner-gate.
Weiner’s ordeal “has not impacted anyone’s life negatively,” she argued.
Earlier this week, Weiner admitted to the media that he sent the lewd photos of himself to several women and said at a press conference that he would not be resigning from his post.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR