Anticipation for 'Man of Steel' and 'The Great Gatsby' Divides the Sexes: Poll
New findings from Fandango exposes a disparity in which summer releases men and women are looking forward to most.
It looks like a couple of potential summer blockbusters from Warner Bros. might have to succeed on the strength of their appeal to just one sex, if a new poll from Fandango is accurate.
The online ticket service surveyed 4,000 moviegoers, and while men and women both said they are looking forward to seeing Iron Man 3 the most, there was a wide disparity among the sexes when it came to Man of Steel and The Great Gatsby.
Among men, 8 percent said that Man of Steel was their “most anticipated” summer movie, but only 4 percent of women agreed. With Great Gatsby, the difference is more stark, with 16 percent of women calling it their most anticipated summer movie, while only 3 percent of men concur.
The Fandango poll asked consumers to identify just one title as their “most anticipated” summer release.
For men, the top selection was Iron Man 3, with 21 percent naming the Disney/Marvel movie. Rounding out the top 10 were Star Trek Into Darkness (19 percent), Fast & Furious 6 (10 percent), The Hangover 3 (9 percent), Man of Steel (8 percent), The Lone Ranger (5 percent), Despicable Me 2 (5 percent), World War Z (4 percent), Monsters University (4 percent) and The Great Gatsby (3 percent).
For women, the top selection was also Iron Man 3, with 17 percent, followed by The Great Gatsby (16 percent), Star Trek Into Darkness (13 percent), Fast & Furious 6 (10 percent), The Hangover 3 (9 percent), Despicable Me 2 (7 percent), Monsters University (6 percent), The Lone Ranger (5 percent), World War Z (4 percent) and Man of Steel (4 percent).
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Lars's Real Girl: Charlotte Gainsbourg on Fame, Nymphomaniac, and Working With von Trier
- Edelstein on Le Week-End: Unbelievably Marvelous, in Light of Its Depressing Trajectory
- Ebiri: If Need for Speed Were a Silent Movie, It Would Be the Most Amazing Racing Movie Ever
- A&E Pulls Chloë Sevingy's Those Who Kill