AOL Promotes CFO Artie Minson to COO Post
The online company, led by chairman and CEO Tim Armstrong, is also reorganizing into three units.
AOL on Friday said that it has promoted Artie Minson from the post of CFO to the role of COO.
He continues to report to chairman and CEO Tim Armstrong and will oversee a new AOL plan to form three operating units - the AOL membership group, a content brands group, and the Advertising.com group.
"This new role and operating structure will allow the company to go deeper on its focus on profitability, coordinated business execution and resource allocation across its portfolio of brands and services," AOL said.
The firm said it is looking for a successor for the CFO position, but Minson would continue to fill that role until a new executive has been found.
"Artie is a world-class leader and proven operator who has played a key partnership role with me over the last three years at AOL," said Armstrong. "He has significantly improved our balance sheet, cost structure and tax profile, helped unlock significant value for shareholders via asset sales at great prices and led a number of acquisitions, which have been and will continue to be drivers of future growth."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 5 Reasons The 'Broad City' Women Are The Stoner Heroines You've Been Waiting For
- Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez's Sexy Dance Probably Means They're Dating Again
- Eva Tamargo Of 'Tyler Perry's The Haves And The Have Nots' Explains Why She Likes Being A TV Villain (VIDEO)
- U2 Album Delay Rumors Denied By Band's Rep
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting
- Kit Harington's Muscles Bulge Out of His Shirt for 'Men's Health UK' April 2014
- Eva Longoria & Oprah Winfrey Support Maria Shriver at 'Paycheck to Paycheck' Screening!
- Rosario Dawson & America Ferrera Are Feeling Blue at 'Cesar Chavez' SXSW Premiere!