Apple Delays iPad 2 Launch in Japan Following Earthquake, Tsunami
The company also is collecting donations for the Red Cross on its iTunes site.
Following last week's earthquake and tsunami, Apple has confirmed that it will delay the launch of the iPad 2 in Japan.
"We are delaying the launch of the iPad 2 in Japan while the country and our teams focus on recovering from the recent disaster. Our hearts go out to the people of Japan, including our employees and their families, who have been impacted by this terrible tragedy," the company said in a statement.
In related news, Apple is collecting donations for the Red Cross on its iTunes site.
The iPad 2 launched in the U.S. on March 11. It was slated to roll out in Japan on March 25.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR