Apple Schedules Likely iPad Mini Introduction for Oct. 23
The company is expected to introduce a junior-size version of its flagship tablet, along with new Macbooks and iMacs at a coming press event.
Apple issued invitations for an Oct. 23 press event
The invitations say, "We've got a little more to show you" and invite journalists to a 10 a.m. event in San Jose.
Though Apple has been quiet on details, many observers expect it to release a small-sized version of its hit iPad tablet.
Other rumors point to updated versions of its iMac desktop computer and 13-inch Macbook with a retina screen.
Leaked photos of parts on Apple-watching websites point to a 7.85-inch device (about the size of Amazon Kindle Fire or a Google Nexus 7).
It is unknown in what features Apple will offer or how it will price the new device.
The low-end Kindle Fire HD features 8GB of storage in a wifi-only machine for $199.
Apple just introduced a new version of its iPod Touch device, which features the same 4-inch screen as the iPhone 5 for $299 for the base model with 32GB of storage.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Bryan Singer Addresses Sexual Abuse Allegations: They Are 'Outrageous' & 'Completely False'
- Elizabeth Banks Attends Screening for 'Walk of Shame', Wears Two Dresses!
- 'Jem & the Holograms' Leading Cast Revealed: Aubrey Peeples, Stefanie Scott, & More!
- Novak Djokovic Expecting First Child with Fiancee Jelena Ristic!