Apple Schedules Likely iPad Mini Introduction for Oct. 23
The company is expected to introduce a junior-size version of its flagship tablet, along with new Macbooks and iMacs at a coming press event.
Apple issued invitations for an Oct. 23 press event
The invitations say, "We've got a little more to show you" and invite journalists to a 10 a.m. event in San Jose.
Though Apple has been quiet on details, many observers expect it to release a small-sized version of its hit iPad tablet.
Other rumors point to updated versions of its iMac desktop computer and 13-inch Macbook with a retina screen.
Leaked photos of parts on Apple-watching websites point to a 7.85-inch device (about the size of Amazon Kindle Fire or a Google Nexus 7).
It is unknown in what features Apple will offer or how it will price the new device.
The low-end Kindle Fire HD features 8GB of storage in a wifi-only machine for $199.
Apple just introduced a new version of its iPod Touch device, which features the same 4-inch screen as the iPhone 5 for $299 for the base model with 32GB of storage.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)