Apple Shares Hit New High
On the day it begins selling the iPhone 4S, "the final gadget unveiled during Steve Jobs' life," the stock surges to $422.
Despite an underwhelming event to unveil its iPhone 4S and the recent death of its visionary co-founder, investors seem to love Apple more than ever nowadays.
On Friday, Apple shares rose 3 percent to a historic closing high of $422, giving the iconic technology firm a market capitalization of $391.2 billion. Still the world's most valuable publicly traded company, Apple is worth nearly four times more than Disney and Time Warner combined.
Since Apple's board chairman Steve Jobs died Oct. 5, a day after CEO Tim Cook showed off the iPhone 4S at a gathering that was roundly panned, the stock has risen 12 percent.
Since then, though, the iPhone 4S has been getting solid reviews and the Wall Street Journal said pre-orders set a record, while Reuters reported that when the product went on sale Friday thousands queued up "around city blocks to snap up the final gadget unveiled during Steve Jobs' life."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 5 Reasons The 'Broad City' Women Are The Stoner Heroines You've Been Waiting For
- Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez's Sexy Dance Probably Means They're Dating Again
- Eva Tamargo Of 'Tyler Perry's The Haves And The Have Nots' Explains Why She Likes Being A TV Villain (VIDEO)
- U2 Album Delay Rumors Denied By Band's Rep
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting
- Kit Harington's Muscles Bulge Out of His Shirt for 'Men's Health UK' April 2014
- Eva Longoria & Oprah Winfrey Support Maria Shriver at 'Paycheck to Paycheck' Screening!
- Rosario Dawson & America Ferrera Are Feeling Blue at 'Cesar Chavez' SXSW Premiere!