Apple Updates iMac Line
The product now features next generation processors, faster graphics and the Thunderbolt port.
Apple has updated its iMac line with next generation processors, faster graphics and the Thunderbolt port.
The iMac offers quad-core Intel Core i5 processors or optional Core i7 processors -- and Apple claims that the updated computer is up to 70% faster than the previous generation.
The new iMac, which starts at $1,199, is the first desktop computer on the market to include Thunderbolt, new I/O technology that according to Apple offers transfer speeds up to 20 times faster than with USB 2.0. Thunderbolt, developed by Intel with Apple, debuted earlier this year on Macbook Pro.
The new 21.5-inch iMac has a single Thunderbolt port and the 27-inch model offers two ports.
The updated iMac also includes faster AMD Radeon HD graphics processors and a new built-in FaceTime HD camera for video calls.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR