Apple's App Store Posts More Than $10 Billion in Sales in 2013
December was the most successful month in the history of the retailer.
Apple's App Store rang up more than $10 billion in sales in 2013, it was announced Tuesday.
Additionally, in December alone, customers spent $1 billion on nearly three billion App Store downloads, making it the most successful month in App Store history.
Apple's developers have now earned $15 million on the App Store, the tech giant said.
“We’d like to thank our customers for making 2013 the best year ever for the App Store,” Eddy Cue, Apple’s svp Internet software and services, said in a statement. “The lineup of apps for the holiday season was astonishing and we look forward to seeing what developers create in 2014.”
The App Store offers more than a million apps to iPhone, iPad and iPod touch users in 155 countries.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Grant Gustin Is Proud & Stoked to Wear 'Flash' Costume!
- Angelina Jolie Reveals She Will Have Another Preventative Cancer Surgery
- Shailene Woodley Slams 'Twilight' to 'Teen Vogue': It's About An Unhealthy, Toxic Relationship
- Sarah Michelle Gellar & James Wolk Are 'The Crazy Ones' at Hall of Fame Gala!